Sunday, January 1, 2012

Word Problem Problems


I don't know about you but teaching word problems has always stressed me out.

And then it hit me while I was doing one of those "Mad Libs" with my son.

Why not make some word problems that I can fill in with the students names, numbers and whatever "thing" it is we are going to count?

So I did a set of 8 smartboards with word problem "frames" ( 2 additon, 2 subtraction, 2 comparison, 1 classification, and 1 part-part whole)


Reasons I'm excited to start this with my class...

Now I can use them each year because I write their little name in the blank (and oh, how they love that)

I can make them go along with any theme.

I can differentiate them to use with ALL my many levels of kiddos.

Oh, yeah and I can sneak a mini Parts of Speech lesson during math time.


It's $2.00
 You can check it out on my TPT site by clicking

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love your banner! I am still working on how exactly I'd like my blog to look. My dear oldest daughter moved almost 10 hours South of us to Rock Hill, SC. We miss her dearly. I am new to blogging and I'm trying to organize a Winter Wonderland Exchange project with classes throughout the country. I am hoping you will consider joining the fun. Please hop over to firstgradecarousel.blogspot.com for more info. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Everyone,
    I am a former 1st grade teacher and am selling tons of teaching resources and books on my amazon store suitable for K-2! Check it out if you are interested!

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main/ref=olp_merch_name_6?ie=UTF8&asin=0590643762&isAmazonFulfilled=0&seller=A1WU61CGOMI6CP

    Thanks,
    Julie :)

    ReplyDelete